The Military Affairs Advisory Council works with Chamber Members, elected officials, topic experts, community leaders, and other organizations to advocate for policies that improve the quality of life for the military community.
Advisory Council Members are responsible for discussing and deciding, by vote, the official position and activities carried out by the Chamber regarding policies that affect the military community in San Diego.
Our advocacy focus includes but is not limited to the following issues affecting active-duty service members, veterans, and their families in San Diego County:
- Unethical practices that impact active-duty service members and veterans
The Advisory Council also facilitates Operation Connect, a San Diego North Educational Foundation program, educating and connecting veterans to businesses within the Chamber and the community to assist their transition to civilian life.
For more information about how to get involved with the Military Affairs Advisory Council, email Manuel Gomez or call the Chamber at (858) 217-8972.
Registration is required.
All Chamber Members and their employees are invited to join the meetings and participate in the discussion.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Chamber Updates
- Chamber Coalition
- The January 4, 2022 meeting has been moved to January 11, 2022
- (Heroes Awards Breakfast Nov 4)
- Regional Connect Networking at Embassy Suites La Jolla/UTC (Nov 10)
- Champions Strategy Introduction
- Breakout Groups
- 2021-2022 Goals
- Each Group to Discuss and Plan
- What does success look like?
- Two speaker recommendations
- Create two posts on social media to promote your team's work within the Military Affairs Advisory Council.
V. Group presentations
VI. Council Member Announcements